I explored lots of wikis that I want to probe a bit more.
- Free Stuff for Science Teachers
- Middle School Information Technology
- Moline High School - Audio Visual Department
- My Mind To Your Mind
- Richmond Hill HS Technology Committee
- Runkle Technology
- Science and Learning
- SD36IMLExamples - Information and Media Literacy Examples from School District #36
- Study Skills
- Teaching with Technology
- Web 2.0 Learning Tool
- Web in the Classroom
I believe all of these wikis can be located with the More… link.
In one comment on a fellow 23 Things blog the question of wiki versus a Ning was posed. The question made me think – what is the difference? Why would I choose one over another? I think I would create a wiki for collaboration on a single project or more “short term” and a Ning for a more “long term” collaborative discussion with a particular group. The Ning feels like a more permanent part of the group that created it. I also seems like a Ning mimics the organization of a blog. Wikis seem to need a person in charge to make sure the posts are structured.