Sunday, March 7, 2010

Objective 15 - Splendidly Simple Screencasting

Creating a screencast via Screencast-O-Matic was quite simple. My problem was that I could not do the task that I was trying to demonstrate. I know I spent an hour recording the same task. I finally decided to just do something else. I have a personal license of Camtasia, but I want to stay within the Web 2.0 tools for this project. I looked at Jing, Wink, and ScreenToaster, but thought Screencast-O-Matic was the most straight forward to use. I think students would love to use this. I just happened to have a student ask me this week if it was possible to record her manipulating Google Earth.

3 comments:

  1. Good screencast and can you believe that you did that without installing any software!? Isn't Web 2.0 wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically it's not a ball.. it's an apple... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come your audio came out sounding like you!! Unless in my screecast... do I really sound like that?!

    ReplyDelete